Senior Administrative Officer
Since it was founded in 1980, the London Chinese Community Centre has provided various supports to vulnerable and marginalised Chinese migrants in the UK. Our services are now extended to lifelong learning and leisure activities and facilities for our members of all ages.
This senior administrative officer is responsible for supervising the administrative work of the centre to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of services and information to the public, and the smooth day to day running of the office; organizing special events including workshops, talks, trips, etc. for our members.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Take the lead to plan, organize and coordinate special events including cultural/health/ legal/financial/educational workshops and talks, trips to improve the members’ well-being;
- Monitor the process and delivery of those events, execute feedback/evaluation survey, and then report the outcomes to the centre Manager and sponsors/ stakeholders;
- Update, systemize and computerize centre files, such as policy files, statistic/survey records, personnel records, incidents/accidents book, etc.;
- Provision of up-to-date general information to the public, in particular information relating to the centre’s services such as room hire, classes and workshops. This will also involve research and regularly updating information on website, social media and newspapers;
- Liaise with the centre Manager to contact the potential customers of advertisement, to assist their enquiry and generate income of the centre;
- Liaise with the centre Manager to manage admin staff and volunteers and assign works;
Other Tasks and Responsibilities
- Collect and handle petty cash;
- Work as part of a team to organize and share general office duty Rota*, including: Befriending and building up members’ loyalty to the centre; Liaise with the chefs to order food for Luncheon Club and provide menus; Daily cash collection and count; Maintaining and developing membership records, annual renewals of membership and class registration; Dealing with other general inquiries in relation to the centre’s services and developments;
- Participating in activities and functions to promote and fund-raise for the centre;
- Design posters, marketing materials and coordinate and compile newsletter through to publication and distribution
- Carry out all duties in the context of and compliance with the centre’s policies;
- Carryout other duties that may be required by the centre Manager or by the Management Committee;
- Ensuring the health and safety of users at the CCC.
- Experience of liaison work with statutory and voluntary agencies;
- Management experience is desirable;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good organization skills and a systematic approach to work.
- Ability to implement equal opportunity policies in all areas of work.
- Competent in spoken Cantonese and Mandarin
- Competent in written Chinese
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Ability to speak other Chinese dialects would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and awareness of the problems and issues affecting the Chinese community in Britain.
- Bachelor Degree
- Proficient with major office soft-wares, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Qualification or knowledge of information systems and database packages.
- Basic knowledge of graphic design (e.g. being able to design posters) would be an advantage;
- Pass an enhanced DBS check;
- A qualification in accountancy would be an advantage.
- You will be required to work 35 hours per week, Monday to Thursday and Saturday; also flexibly meet the demands of the role including working on weekends and in the evening.
Please supply the following information:
- Your up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- A letter of application setting out why you wish to apply for this position and the knowledge, skills and experience you can offer, set against the role’s responsibilities. Please refer to actual activities/programmes and projects where possible;
- The names and addresses of two referees.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 1 year (Required)
- Cantonese, Mandarin, England (Required)
Click here to apply.