Junior Administrative Officer (contract 12-month)
This newly created junior administrator role is to be responsible for overall administrative duties of the Chinese Community Centre (CCC) to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of services and information to the general public. The role will be part of a small team working toward his/ her customer relations skill, administration and social media skills, there are no two days that are the same.
The trainee sometimes will spend a lot of time with members dealing with issues as they arise, and gaining customer relationship experience, other times he/ she will carry out administrative work which will develop multi-tasking skills with our team support.
- His/ her main tasks are including befriending and building membership of the Chinese Community Centre (CCC).
- Daily cash collection of membership/ tuition fees, then count and record it.
- Maintaining administrative records of Centre’s files, such as membership records, statistic records and class registrations.
- Working as part of a small team, the trainee will be participating in monthly activities and functions to promote and fundraise for the CCC.
- research and regularly updating information, dealing with other general enquiries in relation to the CCC’s services and development.
- Assisting the Centre Manager on other project work from time to time may be required & carrying out such other duties that may be required by the Management Committee members.
All members and staff are required to wear face masks at all time.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE/ QUALIFICATIONS:
Applying for this role will have to be DBS fully checked and will need to have a minimum requirement of 4 GCSEs with Grade B or above in English Language and Mathematics.
- Preferably computer literate with MS office Software including PowerPoint and excel, although help will be provided.
- We are looking for someone who has genuine passion for social media , is aware of the latest trends, and wants to develop his/ her administrative skills in the office- based setting.
- This role will need to be a people person and the ability to speak any Chinese dialect will definitely be an advantage.
Job Type: Part-time (20 hours per week)
Monday to Thursday & Saturday
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Youth Club Leader (12-month contract)
Running a vibrant Youth Club;
- To plan and deliver a 3 week “Youth Summer Programme” in August 2021.
- Manage and plan a weekly Youth Club activity for children aged between 11-18.
- To oversee safeguarding and child protection at the Youth club.
- Management and recruitment of youth club volunteers.
- To listen and respond to what the youth club members want to do, planning accordingly.
- To build a rapport with young people and listen to their concerns
Part-time hours: 10 per week
Salary: £10.85 per hour
All customers and staff much wear face masks at the centre.
- Your up-to-date Curriculum Vitae email to email@example.com