Junior Administrative Officer (6-month Contract)
This newly created junior administrator role is to be responsible for overall administrative duties of the Chinese Community Centre (CCC) to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of services and information to the general public. The role will be part of a small team working toward his/ her customer relations skill, administration and social media skills, there are no two days that are the same.
The trainee sometimes will spend a lot of time with members dealing with issues as they arise, and gaining customer relationship experience, other times he/ she will carry out administrative work which will develop multi-tasking skills with our team support. The role will apply social media strategies to raise brand awareness & increase community engagement.
He/ she will have ownership of our social media channels which have thousands of followers, manage it daily, he/ she will gain substantial marketing skills with different projects and make a difference enforcing our fundraising effort.
His/ her main tasks are including befriending and building membership of the CCC; daily cash collection of membership/ tuition fees, then count and record it. Maintaining administrative records of Centre’s files, such as membership records, statistic records and class registrations; managing and growing our social media accounts across multiple channels including the official website, this also includes Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin so as to raise community brand awareness.
Working as part of a small team, the trainee will be participating in monthly activities and functions to promote and fundraise for the CCC. This will also involve research and regularly updating information, dealing with other general enquiries in relation to the CCC’s services and development.
Internally, the trainee will take minutes for staff meetings ; make regular reports to the Centre Manager and help in the preparation of reports at monthly Management Committee meetings and annual general meetings. Assisting the Centre Manager on other project work from time to time may be required & carrying out such other duties that may be required by the Management Committee members.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE/ QUALIFICATIONS:
Applying for this role will have to be DBS fully checked and will need to have a minimum requirement of 4 GCSEs with Grade B or above in English Language and Mathematics.
- Preferably computer literate with MS office Software including PowerPoint and excel, although help will be provided.
- We are looking for someone who has genuine passion for social media , is aware of the latest trends, and wants to develop his/ her administrative skills in the office- based setting.
- This role will need to be a people person and the ability to speak any Chinese dialect will definitely be an advantage.
Job Type: Part-time (25 hours per week)
Monday to Thursday & Saturday
10:00-15:30 (including 30 minutes unpaid lunch break)
Salary: National Minimum Wage
To assist the Centre Manager, ensuring the smooth running of the Chinese Community Centre (the Centre), and maintaining the highest standards of customer service.
To enhance the profitability and occupancy of the Centre, interacting with and maintaining excellent working relationships with the team and volunteers.,
To ensure that the Centre generates all revenue possible whilst operating in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
The Assistant Manager should be constantly looking for ways to make a positive contribution to the business. It is a diverse role and not limited to a finite set of responsibilities, therefore the individual must be flexible and be prepared to deal with challenges that present themselves within the operation of the Centre.
– Assisting the Centre Manager in marketing, PR and promoting the Centre online & offline.
– Managing projects, for example: Youth programme of the Chinese Community Centre, Centre ‘s 40th anniversary celebration etc;
– Exploring fundraising opportunities and programmes and developing appropriate activities to expand the Centre’s donor list.
– Managing ,maintaining and updating the Centre’s website and all social media channels.
– Utilising online tools and social media to create an influencer outreach programme that generates action , maximising publicity opportunities and liaising with the local media;
– Ensuring the smooth running of the Centre at all times and assisting the Centre Manager when required.
– Coordinating staff rota and schedules with the team and volunteers ensuring CCC have full cover during all business hours;
– Ensuring CCC complies with all relevant regulations and legal requirements, such as health and safety regulations, building and office facilities. fire, insurance cover etc;
– Developing and updating appropriate Centre policies, procedures and guidance for the use of the Centre by the general public, for example ‘ User Induction Procedure’, ‘clients move in/out procedure’ etc;
– Encouraging local services and activities to be held at the Centre, for example open days, social events, public meetings, advice services and training;
– Maintaining the ambience of the Centre, ensure hygiene standards are maintained;
– Supporting and attending all relevant staff meetings including AGM, including liaising with attendees, taking minutes, preparation of reports etc.
– Performing ‘front of office’ duties ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction is achieved,
this may include call handling, organising meeting room bookings, answering enquiries,
dealing with correspondence, and other ad hoc duties;
– Dealing with client’s complaints in an efficient and timely manner;
– Developing and implementing constructive working relationships with user groups and volunteers;
– Managing and dealing with members’ data/ information sensitively and confidentially.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree qualification or equivalent preferred, relative experience considered
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese (Cantonese and/ or Mandarin)
- Ability in communicating effectively and building strong relationships with the Centre’s members and stakeholders
- Proven experience in engaging social media influencers and capable of building online relationships
- In-depth knowledge of the UK media landscape
- Commercial acumen
- A good understanding of the opportunities and challenges in the charity sector.
- Willingness to work weekends
Job Type: Full-time
Monday to Thursday & Sunday
10:00-17:30 (including 30 minutes unpaid lunch break)
Salary: £ 22,000-25,000 per annum
- Your up-to-date Curriculum Vitae email to firstname.lastname@example.org